Vocational & Work Truck/Body Manufacturing in North America 2021
Publication Date: Apr 2021
2020 Data | 2021 Outlook | 5‑Year Forward Forecasts
Impact of Covid19 | 5‑Year History
Comprehensive Data and Analysis on 400+ body fabricators in 18 key types of chassis‑mounted truck bodies in an $8.4 billion industry
Available as a Complete Report, by Chassis Class, and by Individual Truck/Body Segment
This report is accompanied by an Excel database with data on all manufacturers.
Truck/Body Segments Analyzed
- Beverage & Vending Truck/Bodies
- Concrete Mixers & Pumps
- Conveyor Delivery Truck/Bodies
- Dump Truck/Bodies
- Flatbed Truck/Bodies
- Grain Truck/Bodies
- Grapple Loaders
- Hoist & Carrier Truck/Bodies
- Lube Truck/Bodies
- Oilfield Truck/Bodies
- Refuse Compactors – Front, Side & Rear
- Service, Utility & Mechanic/Crane Truck/Bodies
- Street & Parking Lot Sweepers
- Tank Truck/Bodies – Dry & Liquid
- Tow & Carrier Truck/Bodies
- Vacuum Tank Trucks – Hydro Excavators, Vacuum Loaders & Coded Tanks
- Vacuum Tank Trucks – Septic & Portable Restroom
- Van Truck/Bodies
- 2020 Market Size by Truck Body Segment in Units & Dollars
- Market Size by Chassis Class Groups: Light-duty (up to Class 3), Medium- & Heavy‑Duty (Class 4‑6, Class 7), and Heavy‑Duty (Class 8)
- Impact of Covid-induced shutdowns and supply-chain disruptions on production and shipments by truck/body segment
- Market Shares: Industry and by Truck/Body Type: Units & Dollars
- Geographic distribution of production
- Key manufacturer data – revenue, employees and ownership for all manufacturers
- Widespread supply and delivery disruptions in pandemic year 2020
- Significant impact on the industry with shipments declining over 2019 for all truck/body segments
- Covid19 impacts on demand varied across the different application/market segments
- Municipal and Last Mile ecommerce applications fared better than towing, construction, mining, and oil drilling activities
- 2021 outlook cautiously optimistic with expected easing of supply chain constraints
- Infrastructure investment expected to boost demand
- Acquisition activity continued in 2020 – in the refuse, dump, flatbed, service, and van segments
- Growing interest in electric propulsion
The report will be delivered in three files. Part I: Industry Analysis and Part II: Analysis by Segment are PDF files, and Appendix I is an Excel file with data from the tables in the report.
This project is also available separately by:
(A) three chassis class groups AND/OR (B) by 18 individual truck/body segments.
A. By Chassis Class
- Light‑Duty (up to Class 3) Vocational & Work Truck/Body Manufacturing in North America
- Medium- & Heavy‑Duty (Class 4‑7) Vocational & Work Truck/Body Manufacturing in North America
- Heavy‑Duty (Class 8) Vocational & Work Truck/Body Manufacturing in North America
B. By Each of the 18 Individual Truck/Body Segments
Please click on the links above to be redirected to product pages describing the contents of the individual segment reports.
Part I: Industry Analysis
A.1 Scope & Method
A.2 Truck/Body Segments & Chassis Classes
B. Executive Summary
C. Industry Analysis
C.1 Market Size Estimates: by (i) Segment (ii) Chassis Class (iii) Geography (iv) Ownership
C.2 Historical Market Size Estimates: Total & by Segment
C.3 Manufacturer Count: by (i) Segment, (ii) Unit Shipments and (iii) Body Types
C. 4 Market Share Estimates: Total, by Segment and Groups
C. 5 Recent Developments: Acquisitions, Facility Expansions, New Products, Electric Propulsion
C. 6 Outlook – Estimated Units: Total & by Segment – 2021 – 2025
C. 7 Key Manufacturer Data
PART II: Analysis by Segment
A. Scope & Method
D.1 Van Truck/Bodies
D.2 Refuse Truck/Bodies
D.3 Service, Utility & Crane Truck/Bodies
D.4 Concrete Mixers & Pumps
D.5 Vacuum Tank Truck/Bodies
D.6 Tow & Carrier Truck/Bodies
D.7 Dump Truck/Bodies
D.8 Tank Truck/Bodies
D.9 Sweeper Truck/Bodies
D.10 Hoist & Carrier Truck/Bodies
D.11 Flatbed Truck/Bodies
D.12 Grapple Truck/Bodies
D.13 Vacuum Tank Truck/Bodies – Non-coded
D.14 Lube Truck/Bodies
D.15 Conveyor Delivery Truck/Bodies
D.16 Beverage Truck/Bodies
D.17 Grain Truck/Bodies
D.18 Oilfield Truck/Bodies
Appendix 1: Excel Worksheets
1 Summary: Market Size Estimates by Segment in Units & Dollars
2 All Units-Alpha: All Manufacturers: Estimated Units – Alphabetical Order
3 All Dollars-Alpha: All Manufacturers: Estimated Dollars ($ Mill.) – Alphabetical Order
4 All Units-Rank Order: All Manufacturers: Estimated Units – Rank Order
5 All Dollars-Rank Order: All Manufacturers: Estimated Dollars ($ Mill.) – Rank Order
6 All-Chassis Class – Units & Dollars: Segments by Chassis Class: Estimated Units & Dollars
7 Key Mfr. Data: Key Manufacturer Data
8 Historical: Historical Data by Segment: Estimated Units: 2015 – 2020
9 Outlook: Outlook by Segment: Estimated Units: 2021 – 2025
10 Geography: Manufacturer Count, Estimated Units & Dollars by State/Province
For All 18 Segments Below:
· Estimated Market Size in Units & Dollars: Total
· Estimated Market Size by Sub-Types in Units & Dollars
· Estimated Market Shares (Units & Dollars) for All Manufacturers
· City, State/Province, Country for All Manufacturers
· Ownership Details for All Manufacturers
13 Conveyor Delivery
17 Grapple Loaders
26 Vacuum, Coded
27 Vacuum, Non-Coded
Sample pages will be provided upon request.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE
- Check the credit limit on credit cards that are company-issued or issued by non-U.S. banks.
- Discount code: if using, please ensure it has not expired.
- Link to download report expires after 72 hours. Please contact us if you need to renew the link.
- If the report is being purchased at the discounted pre-published promotion stage, the download link will be an acknowledgement specifying later delivery of the report, when released.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be from “Ivy Management LLC.”
- We accept Purchase Orders from known brand-name companies. P.O.s can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you place your order by phone, download links will be emailed to your attention.
- You acknowledge our Terms of Sale.
- Contact for Additional Info
Downloadable links to the report will appear on the receipt and in your e-mail. NOTE: If an Excel file is included in your order and does not open from the link, it will likely be found in your “Downloads” folder.
If this is a pre-publication purchase, the downloadable link will be an acknowledgement for future delivery. The report will be delivered when published.
If you have a discount code, please enter at check-out.