Tow & Carrier Truck/Body Manufacturing in North America 2021
Publication Date: May 2021
This report is an analysis and evaluation of the tow (wrecker) and carrier (rollback) manufacturing business in the United States and Canada, breaking out shipments and market shares by chassis class.
Tow and carrier demand was hit hard by the pandemic, with 2020 shipments estimated to have declined by ~20% over 2019. A sharp decline in miles driven as a large share of the population began working from home, as well as limited operations at manufacturing facilities and supply-chain constraints, all contributed to this decline.
Market share is concentrated in the hands of the leading manufacturers. The two leading players accounted for over 80% of unit shipments and dollar value of sales in 2020. One manufacturer dominates the segment, accounting for more than 60% of total wreckers and carriers manufactured in 2020. The company has more than two-thirds share of the wrecker market and more than half of the carrier (rollback) segment.
Barriers to entry are high, as patented equipment designs are with leading players. Distributors prefer manufacturers offering a wide range of tow, recovery, and hauling (carrier) equipment, as well as models designed to meet all needs of towing service operators.
These and other topics are the subject of this report from SpecialtyResearch.net (“SRN”). The report can be put to immediate use for sales and market planning, M&A identification, competitive share analysis, alliances and technology transfer considerations.
A.1 Scope & Method
A.2 Chassis Classes
A.3 Product Types
B. Market Size Estimates
C. Market Share Estimates
D. Market Share Estimates – By Product Type
E. Distribution Channels
F. Recent Developments
G. Outlook – 2021-2025
H. Key Manufacturer Data
Below are the individual worksheets in the accompanying Excel file:
Summary: Market Size Estimates in Units & Dollars
Market Size – by Chassis: Estimated Units & Dollars
Market Size – by Tow & Carrier Type & Chassis: Estimated Units & Dollars
Market Shares – All Manufacturers: Estimated Units & Dollars
Tow Truck/Bodies: Estimated Units & Dollars: All
Tow Truck/Bodies – by Chassis Class: Estimated Units & Dollars
Carriers: Estimated Units & Dollars: All
Carriers – by Chassis Class: Estimated Units & Dollars
Key Manufacturer Data: All Manufacturers: City, State/Province, Country, Total Employees, Revenue & Ownership
Historical Data by Type: Estimated Units: 2015 – 2019
Outlook by Type: Estimated Units: 2021 – 2025
We will be pleased to send sample pages upon request.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE
- Check the credit limit on credit cards that are company-issued or issued by non-U.S. banks.
- Discount code: if using, please ensure it has not expired.
- Link to download report expires after 72 hours. Please contact us if you need to renew the link.
- If the report is being purchased at the discounted pre-published promotion stage, the download link will be an acknowledgement specifying later delivery of the report, when released.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be from “Ivy Management LLC.”
- We accept Purchase Orders from known brand-name companies. P.O.s can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you place your order by phone, download links will be emailed to your attention.
- You acknowledge our Terms of Sale.
- Contact for Additional Info
Downloadable links to the report will appear on the receipt and in your e-mail. NOTE: If an Excel file is included in your order and does not open from the link, it will likely be found in your "Downloads" folder.
If this is a pre-publication purchase, the downloadable link will be an acknowledgement for future delivery. The report will be delivered when published.
If you have a discount code, please enter at check-out.