Tires for Heavy-Duty Class 8 Over-the-Road and Vocational Trucks
Publication Date: Jan 2018
NORTH AMERICA MARKETS, TECHNOLOGIES, AND COMPETITORS
2017 – 2022 ANALYSIS AND FORECASTS
Limited Time Offer! Enter Coupon Code TIRES25 at Checkout for a 25% Discount!
About The Report
- Bar none, tires are the most important components on a truck.
- The focus of this report is on tires for heavy-duty, Class 8 over-the-road and vocational trucks, i.e., trucks with a GVWR of 33,000 pounds and over.
- Class 8 heavy-duty tires represent only ~10% of the North America (U.S. and Canada) tire market but are the fastest growing segment.
The report looks at:
- Tire manufacturing technologies, including R&D
- U.S. truck freight market
- U.S. truck fleet and motor carrier costs, including tires
- North American commercial truck production, especially Class 8 trucks
- Detailed analysis of the Class 8 truck tire market, including production, imports, competitive environment, market shares and supplier profiles
- New industry information never before available
- Truck tire manufacturing technologies, industry R&D, rules & regulations, standards, Federal government projects and budgets, Chinese collaborations, fuel issues, certifications, new product developments
- U.S. truck freight market in terms of mode, market share, volume and value of freight shipments, distances moved, products shipped
- Composition of U.S. truck fleet in terms of registered vehicles, trucks by type and registrations by state
- Motor carrier operating cost by type, including tires
- U.S., Canada and Mexico commercial truck production by class
- North American heavy-duty Class 8 over-the-road and vocational truck production by type (with units provided)
- Class 8 truck producers’ market shares
- North American tire market
- North American Class 8 Original Equipment and aftermarket over-the-road tire market
- North American Class 8 Original Equipment and aftermarket vocational tire market
- North American Class 8 Original Equipment and aftermarket over-the-road and vocational tire markets by type (with units and dollar values)
- Competitive environment
- U.S. producers
- China dumping
- Class 8 tire producers’ market shares
- Class 8 tire market issues
- Leading supplier company profiles
• Report Objectives
• Methodology and Sources
• Statistical Notes
TIRE TECHNOLOGIES, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
• Purpose of Tires
• Physical Characteristics and Uses
• Tire Types
• Radial and Bias Designs
• Rules and Regulations
• TRA Standards
• Manufacturing Processes
• Research and Development
• 21st Century Truck Partnership
• 21st Century Truck Partners
• Technical Focus Areas
• OVT Budget
• SuperTruck II
• Energy Efficient Mobility Systems
• China Clean Energy Research Center
• Tires and Fuel Consumption
• Vehicle Energy Balances
• Tire Rolling Resistance
• Single Wide Base Tires
• Barriers to Single Wide Base Tires Adoption
• Single Wide-Base Tires Adoption Rates
U.S. TRUCK FREIGHT MARKET
• U.S. Freight Moved by Volume and Mode
• U.S. Freight Moved by Value and Mode
• U.S. Total Freight Moved by Distance
• U.S. Truck Freight Moved by Product Class
UNITED STATES LARGE COMMERCIAL TRUCK FLEET
• Registered Vehicles
• U.S. Large Commercial Truck Fleet by Type
• U.S. Large Commercial Truck Fleet by State
MOTOR CARRIER COSTS
• Carriers Spend on Operating Costs
• Cost Issues
• Fuel Costs
• Equipment Costs
• Driver Pay
• Marginal Costs
• Costs by Type Per Mile
• Costs by Type Per Hour
• Costs Share by Type
• Costs by Carrier Type
• Tire Costs
• Costs by Region
NORTH AMERICA HEAVY-DUTY, CLASS 8 OVER-THE-ROAD AND VOCATIONAL TRUCK PRODUCTION
• Truck Classifications
• Heavy-Duty, Class 8 Over-the-Road Truck Production
• Heavy-Duty, Class 8 Vocational Truck Production
• Class 8 Over-the-Road Vs. Vocational Truck Production
• Market Shares
HEAVY-DUTY, CLASS 8 TRUCK TIRE MARKET
• North America Tire Market
• Class 8 Tire Production
• Over-the-Road vs. Vocational Tire Production
• Original Equipment vs. Aftermarket Tire Production
• Over-the-Road Original Equipment Tire Production
• Over-the-Road Aftermarket Tire Production
• Vocational Original Equipment Tire Production
• Vocational Aftermarket Tire Production
• Vocational Original Equipment Tire Production by Type
• Vocational Aftermarket Tire Production by Type
• Competitive Environment
• U.S. Producers
• China Truck Tire Dumping in U.S.
• Market Shares
• Class 8 Tire Market Issues
COMPANY PROFILES (5 companies profiled)
CONTACT US FOR A FULL LIST OF TABLES AND FIGURES.
We will be pleased to send sample pages upon request.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE
- Check the credit limit on credit cards that are company-issued or issued by non-U.S. banks.
- Discount code: if using, please ensure it has not expired.
- Link to download report expires after 72 hours. Please contact us if you need to renew the link.
- If the report is being purchased at the discounted pre-published promotion stage, the download link will be an acknowledgement specifying later delivery of the report, when released.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be from “Ivy Management LLC.”
- We accept Purchase Orders from known brand-name companies. P.O.s can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you place your order by phone, download links will be emailed to your attention.
- You acknowledge our Terms of Sale.
- Contact for Additional Info
Downloadable PDF link to the report will appear on the receipt and in your e-mail.
If this is a pre-publication purchase, the downloadable link will be an acknowledgement for future delivery. The report will be delivered when published.
If you have a discount code, please enter at check-out.