Tank Truck/Body Manufacturing Industry in North America 2021
Publication Date: May 2021
Tank Truck Types
- Bulk Feed Tank Truck/Bodies
- Coded Liquid Tank Truck/Bodies: Aviation Refuelers, LPG Bobtails, Refined Fuel/Petroleum
- Water Tank Truck/Bodies
- Sewer Jetters
- Over 8,500 tank truck/bodies across all categories; 59 identified manufacturers
- $393 million market size
- Fragmented business across several regional manufacturers
- Market size and shares by each tank truck/body type; units and dollars
- Market size & shares by chassis class for all tank truck types
- Market size breakouts by buyer segments: fuel distributors, municipal, agriculture
- Excel database included for market size and competitive share breakouts; all manufacturers
Tank trucks, used for transport of dry bulk cargo, liquids, semi-liquids and gases, are insulated or non-insulated, pressurized or non-pressurized, and designed for single or multiple loads. This report discusses bulk feed truck/bodies and liquid tank truck/bodies, which are further sub-divided into aviation refuelers, LPG bobtails, petroleum/refined fuel tankers, water tankers and sewer jetters. (Details on vacuum tank truck/body manufacturing are not included in this report, but can be found in separate SpecialtyResearch.net reports.)
Bulk feed truck body manufacture is a distinct category and has a unique set of manufacturers. Bulk feed and liquid tank truck body manufacturers are mostly mutually exclusive; companies manufacturing bulk feed truck bodies typically manufacture only truck- and/or trailer-mounted bodies for hauling dry bulk commodities such as grain, feed and seed, and do not manufacture other types of tank bodies.
Bodies for transport of hazardous liquids are required to conform to specifications and codes established by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). DOT specifications for liquid tank bodies are DOT406, DOT407 and MC331.
The value of tank truck/body fabrication in North America is estimated at $393 million for 2020. The ten leading manufacturers fabricated 49% of total units in 2020.
Market dynamics driving demand in each buyer segment are different, which in turn impacts demand for tanker bodies in that product category. The energy and construction sectors are the primary determinants of demand for liquid tanker bodies. Nearly 40 percent of tank truck bodies are coded units used for fuel transport in the oil and gas industry.
Other important customer segments include the chemical, construction and agricultural industries, municipal agencies, and contractors who service the septic waste industry.
The effects of Covid19 led to a decline in all segments of tank truck/body production in 2020. Tank truck bodies catering to the aviation industry were especially hard hit. Bulk feed tank body shipments declined due largely to cutbacks in the animal feed industry as a result of restaurant closures.
These and other topics are the subject of this report from SpecialtyResearch.net (“SRN”). The report can be put to immediate use for sales and market planning, M&A identification, competitive share analysis, alliances and technology transfer considerations.
A.1 Scope & Method
A.2 Chassis Classes
A.3 Product Types
B. Market Size Estimates
C. Market Share Estimates
D. Market Share Estimates – By Product Types
E. Distribution Channels
F. Recent Developments
G. Outlook – 2021-2025
H. Key Manufacturer Data
Below are the individual worksheets in the accompanying Excel file:
Summary: Market Size Estimates in Units & Dollars
Market Size – Code vs. Non-Code: Market Size by Specification: Coded Vs. Non-Coded: Estimated Units & Dollars
Market Size – by Chassis: Estimated Units & Dollars
Market Size – by Body Type & Chassis: Estimated Units & Dollars
Market Shares – All: Estimated Units & Dollars
Bulk Feed: Estimated Units & Dollars: All
Bulk Feed – by Chassis Class: Estimated Units & Dollars
Coded Liquid Tanks: Estimated Units & Dollars: All
Coded Liquid Tanks – by Type: Estimated Units & Dollars
Coded Liquid Tanks – by Chassis Class: Estimated Units & Dollars
Water Tanks: Estimated Units & Dollars: All
Water Tanks – by Chassis Class: Estimated Units & Dollars
Sewer Jetters: Estimated Units & Dollars: All
Sewer Jetters – by Chassis Class: Estimated Units & Dollars
Key Manufacturer Data: All Manufacturers: City, State/Province, Country, Total Employees, Revenue & Ownership
Historical Data by Truck/Body Type: Estimated Units 2015 – 2019
Outlook by Truck/Body Type: Estimated Units 2021 – 2025
We will be pleased to send sample pages upon request.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE
- Check the credit limit on credit cards that are company-issued or issued by non-U.S. banks.
- Discount code: if using, please ensure it has not expired.
- Link to download report expires after 72 hours. Please contact us if you need to renew the link.
- If the report is being purchased at the discounted pre-published promotion stage, the download link will be an acknowledgement specifying later delivery of the report, when released.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be from “Ivy Management LLC.”
- We accept Purchase Orders from known brand-name companies. P.O.s can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you place your order by phone, download links will be emailed to your attention.
- You acknowledge our Terms of Sale.
- Contact for Additional Info
Downloadable links to the report will appear on the receipt and in your e-mail. NOTE: If an Excel file is included in your order and does not open from the link, it will likely be found in your "Downloads" folder.
If this is a pre-publication purchase, the downloadable link will be an acknowledgement for future delivery. The report will be delivered when published.
If you have a discount code, please enter at check-out.