Surface Treatment & Finishing Equipment for Road Construction Applications in North America
Publication Date: Jun 2017
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels, & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Surface Treatment & Finishing Equipment in Road Construction
Limited time offer! 45% discount—Enter coupon code OFH45 at checkout!
The final stage in road construction—both new and overlays—involves seal coating in the case of asphalt paved roads, and pavement marking and striping on both asphalt and concrete roads.
Seal coating or pavement sealing is an economical surface treatment designed to protect and extend pavement life, as asphalt left untreated after paving deteriorates at a faster rate. Seal coating is undertaken after new roads have been paved and also as part of road maintenance to extend the life of an existing asphalt-paved road that is structurally sound but is beginning to age and may have surface distress. Seal coating uses either coal tar pitch or asphalt mixed with inert fillers, water, emulsifying agents, or additives. Seal coating equipment includes self-propelled, truck-mounted, trailer-mounted, skid-mounted, and portable/walk-behind units; the type of equipment used depends on the size of the project.
Pavement markings divide traffic lanes, show turning lanes, mark pedestrian crossings, indicate obstacles, etc. Pavement marking and striping is done on new roads and on existing roads after a road maintenance project. Pavement striping equipment includes two types—conventional (air spray) and airless type. Air spray pavement striping equipment features a paint tank that can be sealed shut, an engine and an air compressor. Airless striping machines have an engine, motor, pump and a gun and do not feature an air compressor or a paint tank.
There has been increasing use of thermoplastic pavement marking on both asphalt and concrete surfaces in the last few years. Thermoplastic paint is a plastic-based paint that can be applied either cold or hot and can withstand more abuse than traditional water- and oil-based paints.
Pavement marking/striping equipment for water-based, oil-based and thermoplastic markings can be trailer-mounted, truck-mounted, self-propelled, palletized or portable.
Twenty-seven companies participate in the supply of road surface finishing equipment in North America.
Key aspects detailed in this report include estimation of market size, market shares by type, demand factors, trends and outlook for each segment, as well as profiles of the 27 manufacturers supplying road finishing equipment into the U.S. and Canadian markets.
This report is part of a six-part series on road construction equipment that seeks to address the needs of clients from a variety of segments, ranging from construction equipment manufacturers and large highway construction contractors to small road maintenance contractors—who are likely to be well-versed on the subject—to private equity firms and management analysts that need to understand the market from an outsider standpoint with no prior knowledge.
Other reports in this series are:
- Asphalt Paver Equipment for Road Construction Applications in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels & Trends
Highway Class and Commercial Pavers
- Compaction Equipment for Road Construction Applications in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Compaction Equipment in Road Construction
Highway Compactors, Commercial/Utility Rollers
- Concrete Paving Equipment Manufacturing in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Concrete Paving Equipment in Road Construction
Slipform Pavers, Concrete Placers/Spreaders, Texture/Curing Machines, Curb & Gutter Pavers
- Road Maintenance Equipment Manufacturing in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels, & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Road Maintenance Equipment
Pothole Patchers, Road Wideners, Microsurfacing/Slurry Seal Equipment, Crack Cleaning & Sealing Equipment, Asphalt Recyclers, Reclaimers and Infrared Heaters
- Site Preparation Equipment for Road Construction Applications in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels, & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Site Preparation Equipment for Road Construction
Soil Stabilizers/Reclaimers, Cold Planers/Milling Machines, Motor Graders, Sweepers
- Product Types
2.1. Seal Coating
2.2. Pavement Striping and Marking
- Market Size Estimates – Units & Dollars 2016
- Market Shares: Competitive Analysis in Units & Dollars
4.1. Manufacturers by Type
4.2. Market Shares: By Product Type
4.2.1. Seal Coating Equipment
4.2.2. Pavement Marking Equipment
- Market Analysis
5.1. Average Price
5.2. Distribution Channels
- Outlook 2017 – 2021
- Production by Region
- Key Manufacturer Data
- Manufacturer Profiles (27 manufacturers profiled)
*Contact us for a list of all companies profiled.
We will be pleased to send sample pages upon request.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE
- Check the credit limit on credit cards that are company-issued or issued by non-U.S. banks.
- Discount code: if using, please ensure it has not expired.
- Link to download report expires after 72 hours. Please contact us if you need to renew the link.
- If the report is being purchased at the discounted pre-published promotion stage, the download link will be an acknowledgement specifying later delivery of the report, when released.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be from “Ivy Management LLC.”
- We accept Purchase Orders from known brand-name companies. P.O.s can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you place your order by phone, download links will be emailed to your attention.
- You acknowledge our Terms of Sale.
- Contact for Additional Info
Downloadable PDF link to the report will appear on the receipt and in your e-mail.
If this is a pre-publication purchase, the downloadable link will be an acknowledgement for future delivery. The report will be delivered when published.
If you have a discount code, please enter at check-out.