Compaction Equipment for Road Construction Applications in North America
Publication Date: Jun 2017
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Compaction Equipment in Road Construction
Limited time offer! 45% discount—Enter coupon code OFH45 at checkout!
Compactors, used for rolling and compression of soil, gravel, asphalt or crushed aggregates, range from small walk-behind rollers, portable rammer compactors and plate compactors, to self-propelled single, tandem, pneumatic and combination rollers, and include static, vibratory and tamping rollers. Broadly, compaction equipment in this report are categorized into two types: Highway Compaction equipment and Commercial/Utility Compaction equipment, determined by the operating weight of the equipment. Light compaction equipment, including walk-behind and pull-type rollers, rammers and plate compactors, are not part of this report.
Highway compactors have an operating weight greater than 10,000 lbs. and include soil compactors and asphalt compactors.
Soil compactors are usually configured as single drum steel rollers with a steel drum at the front and two wheels at the rear. Tamping/sheepsfoot rollers, featuring round or rectangular shaped protrusions on the front steel drum and wheels at the rear, are also used in soil compaction.
Asphalt compactors/rollers include tandem, with front and back drums, the most commonly used configuration for asphalt paving; pneumatic, or rubber-tired rollers, typically used at intermediate and final phases of asphalt compaction; and combination rollers, which feature a vibrating drum at the front and pneumatic tires at the rear. The vibratory drum ensures quicker compaction and the tires ensure a denser and smoother surface.
Utility/commercial rollers are self-propelled compactors with operating weights less than 10,000 lbs. These are used mainly for commercial paving purposes and usually feature tandem vibratory steel drums, although some companies manufacture a few single drum compactors. Utility rollers have a narrower compaction width and lower operating weight as compared to standard asphalt rollers.
Key aspects detailed in this report include estimation of market size, market shares by type, demand factors, trends and outlook for each segment, as well as profiles of the 17 manufacturers supplying road compaction equipment into the U.S. and Canadian markets.
This report is part of a six-part series on road construction equipment that seeks to address the needs of clients from a variety of segments, ranging from construction equipment manufacturers and large highway construction contractors to small road maintenance contractors—who are likely to be well-versed on the subject—to private equity firms and management analysts that need to understand the market from an outsider standpoint with no prior knowledge.
Other reports in this series are:
- Asphalt Paver Equipment for Road Construction Applications in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels & Trends
Highway Class and Commercial Pavers
- Concrete Paving Equipment Manufacturing in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Concrete Paving Equipment in Road Construction
Slipform Pavers, Concrete Placers/Spreaders, Texture/Curing Machines, Curb & Gutter Pavers
- Road Maintenance Equipment Manufacturing in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels, & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Road Maintenance Equipment
Pothole Patchers, Road Wideners, Microsurfacing/Slurry Seal Equipment, Crack Cleaning & Sealing Equipment, Asphalt Recyclers, Reclaimers and Infrared Heaters
- Site Preparation Equipment for Road Construction Applications in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels, & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Site Preparation Equipment for Road Construction
Soil Stabilizers/Reclaimers, Cold Planers/Milling Machines, Motor Graders, Sweepers
- Surface Treatment & Finishing Equipment for Road Construction Applications in North America
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors, Growth, Channels, & Trends Underlying the Manufacture and Markets for Surface Treatment & Finishing Equipment in Road Construction
Seal Coating Equipment, Pavement Marking Equipment
- Product Types
2.1. Highway Compactors
2.2. Utility/Commercial Rollers
- Market Size Estimates – Units & Dollars 2016
- Market Shares: Competitive Analysis in Units & Dollars
4.1. Manufacturers by Type
4.2. Manufacturers Product Mix
4.3. Market Shares: All Products
4.3.1. Market Shares: Highway Compactors
184.108.40.206. Soil Compactors
220.127.116.11. Asphalt Compactors/Rollers
4.3.2. Market Shares: Commercial/Utility Rollers
- Market Analysis
5.1. Average Price
5.2. Distribution Channels
5.3. Mergers & Acquisitions
- Outlook 2017 – 2021
- Production by Region
- Key Manufacturer Data
- Manufacturer Profiles (17 manufacturers profiled)
*Contact us for a list of all companies profiled.
We will be pleased to send sample pages upon request.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE
- Check the credit limit on credit cards that are company-issued or issued by non-U.S. banks.
- Discount code: if using, please ensure it has not expired.
- Link to download report expires after 72 hours. Please contact us if you need to renew the link.
- If the report is being purchased at the discounted pre-published promotion stage, the download link will be an acknowledgement specifying later delivery of the report, when released.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be from “Ivy Management LLC.”
- We accept Purchase Orders from known brand-name companies. P.O.s can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you place your order by phone, download links will be emailed to your attention.
- You acknowledge our Terms of Sale.
- Contact for Additional Info
Downloadable PDF link to the report will appear on the receipt and in your e-mail.
If this is a pre-publication purchase, the downloadable link will be an acknowledgement for future delivery. The report will be delivered when published.
If you have a discount code, please enter at check-out.