Refuse Truck Manufacturing & Markets in South America
Publication Date: Dec 2019
Market Size, Shares, Segmentation, Competitors & Trends Underlying the Manufacture of
Refuse Compactor Truck/Bodies in South America
23 manufacturers analyzed and aggregated to define a $225 million fabrication business
- The refuse compactor manufacturing business in South America is expected to grow as the region improves municipal solid waste collection efficiencies replacing commonly used open top, dump-style trucks with modern compactor trucks.
- All countries in the region are now actively adopting compactor trucks and the conventional single-hopper rear loader makes up ~90% of all units in operation.
- Characteristics specific to the region determine the type of trucks in demand. Busy & narrow streets require a larger share of smaller compactor trucks and hence a significant share of refuse compactor bodies are mounted on Class 6 and Class 7 chassis. Price is usually the key determining factor in purchase decisions and this drives features and complexity of compactor bodies sold in the region.
- With 23 manufacturers in the continent, this report aims at quantifying the market size and sub-segments of refuse compactor types – rear and side loaders – and by chassis class and manufacturer location/ country, to present an aggregate view of the business. While Brazil dominates the region, refuse compactor trucks are also manufactured in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela.
- Manufacturing activity ranges from domestic demand suppliers to international brands that export to other countries in the region as well as to Africa and Asia, with multiple facilities across countries, and technology agreements with leading global refuse truck manufacturers.
- Refuse compactor demand in some countries—Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay and Uruguay—is met through imports and this report includes demand estimates for these countries. Compactor bodies/trucks are imported from other South American manufacturers as well as refuse truck/body fabricators in North America, Europe and China.
- The report provides a vista view of this specialized business. The report can be put to immediate use for export sales and market planning, M&A identification, competitive share analysis, alliances and technology transfer considerations.
1. Scope, Methodology & Terminology
2. Product Types
3. South America – Market Characteristics, Demand, Shipments, Exports/Imports & Shares
4. Shipments & Market Shares – by Refuse Compactor Type & Chassis Class
5. Key Manufacturer Data
6. Manufacturer Profiles
We will be pleased to send sample pages upon request.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE
- Check the credit limit on credit cards that are company-issued or issued by non-U.S. banks.
- Discount code: if using, please ensure it has not expired.
- Link to download report expires after 72 hours. Please contact us if you need to renew the link.
- If the report is being purchased at the discounted pre-published promotion stage, the download link will be an acknowledgement specifying later delivery of the report, when released.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be from “Ivy Management LLC.”
- We accept Purchase Orders from known brand-name companies. P.O.s can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you place your order by phone, download links will be emailed to your attention.
- You acknowledge our Terms of Sale.
- Contact for Additional Info
Downloadable links to the report will appear on the receipt and in your e-mail. NOTE: If an Excel file is included in your order and does not open from the link, it will likely be found in your "Downloads" folder.
If this is a pre-publication purchase, the downloadable link will be an acknowledgement for future delivery. The report will be delivered when published.
If you have a discount code, please enter at check-out.