Global OEM Commercial Truck Production Database
Publication Date: Jan 2019
Available: April 1, 2019
2018 Data, 2014-2017 History, 2019–2023 Outlook
A Multi-Client Project
This is a pre-publication proposal to elicit client interest in a database/analysis of global OEM production of commercial trucks, drilled down to the specific plant location of each manufacturer.
About 50 major OEMs in 50+ countries operate an estimated 200 manufacturing plants, cumulatively producing 8 to 10 million units.
The database provides key breakouts of 2018 production at each plant level, by vehicle class size (tonnage); by engine type between diesel, gasoline, alternative fuels and upcoming electric vehicles—actual and planned; history, outlook, trends and related qualitative analysis.
The data will be for the base year 2018, historic years 2014-2017, and forecast for years 2019‑2023.
Subscription to project includes half-year 2019 update
Key Global OE Truck Builders
- Ashok Leyland
- Automotive Industries, Ltd.
- Benteng Motors
- Crane Carrier Corporation
- Dongfeng Trucks
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA)
- Ford Motor Company
- Foton Motors
- General Motors
- Hino Motors
- Hyundai Motors
- JAC Motors
- MAN Trucks & Buses
- Mitsubishi Fuso Trucks & Buses
- Sisu Auto
- Tata Motors
- Volvo/Mack Trucks
- Volvo/UD Trucks
- Western Star
About This Report
The majority of truck manufacturers have manufacturing or assembly plants across the globe, with locations dependent on both political and economic factors. The most important parameters for choosing to locate a manufacturing facility are availability of inputs and the logistics involved for movement of finished vehicles to their destinations. Some OEMs are also driven by the benefits that the host country provides to manufacturers.
The emergence of frontier markets and developing countries in Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa have been magnets for new vehicle investments. Along with joint ventures and alliances between major brands to exploit these new uncharted markets, global OE truck production has been a fast-moving and changing scenario in the past few years.
This project is a vista view of the industry through development of a database and analysis that provides a distinct current picture of truck OEM activity worldwide. The database will have wide usefulness to Tier 1 and Tier II producers, as well as to the financial and management advisory professions involved in automotive investments and consultations.
Subscription to this project includes a half-year 2019 update, with continual additions of new parameters and breakouts.
Standard Contents in the Database and Analysis
- Production by plant location/by OEM across 200+ locations
- By class size (tonnage)—up to 2.5 tons, 2.5-5 tons, 5-15 tons, above 15 tons
- Plant ownership details, including joint ventures
- Plant history and current operations; host country incentives
- Production by propulsion breakouts—diesel, gasoline, alternative fuels and upcoming electric vehicles
- Historic production, 2014‑2017
- Forecast production, 2019‑2023
- Key customer destination markets—local versus exports
- Trends—outlook, drivers, restraints, and challenges
Price & Delivery
This is a pre-publication promotion. The project is in advanced Work-In-Progress and will be delivered by March 30, 2019. Subscription includes an update for the half-year 2019.
|Rapid Purchase to Feb 15, 2019||$7,500|
|Early Bird Feb 15, 2019 to Mar 30, 2019||$12,500|
|When Published [Website] After Mar 30, 2019||$15,000|
- Wide knowledge and long work experience in the transportation/vehicular industries
- Highly trained analysts with U.S. corporate background mentoring
- Significant primary research and interview experience, through trade show visits and telephone contact
- Unique market size calculation methods tested over the years, with correlation algorithms
- Succinct presentation focused on data and relevant analysis
- Bottoms-up approach that provides an industry-wide database on all identified players, large and small
- Pioneering work in vocational truck/body areas subscribed to by brand leader clientele
For further discussion, please contact us.