Flatbed Truck/Body Manufacturing in North America
Publication Date: Jun 2018
This report details US and Canadian production of flatbed truck/bodies. The report breaks out shipments and market shares by chassis class and material. Included are market dynamics, demand factors and outlook, as well as profiles of all industry participants.
Flatbeds are manufactured in lengths ranging from 8 ft. to 30 ft. and are mounted on light-, medium- and heavy-duty truck chassis. About two-thirds of total flatbed truck/bodies are mounted on medium-duty Class 4-6 and heavy-duty Class 7 chassis, broken out about equally across the two chassis categories.
The segment has numerous small manufacturers catering to local/regional requirements. This is a highly regionalized market with most manufacturers serving customers who are situated within a 500-mile radius. Since flatbeds are low-priced truck/bodies, transportation costs play a major role in pricing of the product. Hence flatbeds are mostly sold direct to end-use customers. Despite the fragmented nature of the segment, one manufacturer dominates the segment with a 41% share in unit shipments and dollar value of sales.
The ten leading manufacturers accounted for 74% of shipments and dollar value of sales in 2017.
These and other topics are the subject of this report from SpecialtyTransportation.net (“STN”). The report can be put to immediate use for sales and market planning, M&A identification, competitive share analysis, alliances and technology transfer considerations.
THIS PROJECT CAN ALSO BE PURCHASED BY SELECTED SECTIONS, as follows: Analysis @ $2,160; Manufacturer Profiles @ $720; and Data Tables @ $1,800. Please contact us for further information.
|3||Market Size Estimates – Units & Dollars 2017|
|3.1||Market Size: by Chassis Class|
|3.2||Market Size: By Material|
|4||Market Shares: Competitive Analysis in Units & Dollars|
|4.1||Manufacturers by Type|
|4.2||Manufacturers’ Product Mix|
|4.3||Market Shares: All|
|4.4||Market Shares: By Chassis Class|
|4.5||Market Shares: By Material|
|5||Market Shares: By Chassis Class|
|5.1||Light-Duty Flatbed Truck/Bodies|
|5.2||Medium-Duty Flatbed Truck/Bodies|
|5.3||Heavy-Duty Flatbed Truck/Bodies|
|5.3.1 Heavy-Duty Flatbed Truck/Bodies: By Chassis Class|
|7||Market Dynamics & Demand Factors|
|8||Outlook 2018 – 2022|
|9||Production by Region|
|10||Key Manufacturer Data|
|10.1||Key Manufacturer Data: Alphabetical Order|
|10.2||Key Manufacturer Data: Rank Order – Units|
|11||Manufacturer Profiles (91 companies profiled*)|
*Contact us for a list of all companies profiled.
We will be pleased to send sample pages upon request.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE
- Check the credit limit on credit cards that are company-issued or issued by non-U.S. banks.
- Discount code: if using, please ensure it has not expired.
- Link to download report expires after 72 hours. Please contact us if you need to renew the link.
- If the report is being purchased at the discounted pre-published promotion stage, the download link will be an acknowledgement specifying later delivery of the report, when released.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be from “Ivy Management LLC.”
- We accept Purchase Orders from known brand-name companies. P.O.s can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you place your order by phone, download links will be emailed to your attention.
- You acknowledge our Terms of Sale.
- Contact for Additional Info
Downloadable PDF link to the report will appear on the receipt and in your e-mail.
If this is a pre-publication purchase, the downloadable link will be an acknowledgement for future delivery. The report will be delivered when published.
If you have a discount code, please enter at check-out.