Class 8 Heavy-Duty Vocational Truck/Body Manufacturing in North America
Publication Date: Oct 2017
2018 – 2022 Outlook
Enter coupon code CLASS8 at check-out for a 15% discount off the list price of this report!
- Analysis of a $4 billion industry for Class 8 vocational truck/body applications
- $10 billion+ total industry value of Class 8 vocational complete truck
- 410 fabricators of Class 8 mounted vocational/straight truck bodies
- 17 key end-use application segments with 40+ product types
- Comprehensive market size & share estimates in units & dollars
Whereas there are only a handful of heavy truck chassis manufacturers, the outcome of the vocational use of final vehicles rests in the hands of scores of small to large body fabricators in North America. These range from one-segment specialists to larger corporations that cover more than one type of heavy truck body.
Increasingly the larger players see their capabilities in any one segment as being applicable for diversification into additional body types. For example, van body manufacturers see service truck bodies as a contiguous area for expansion. Further, traditional truck trailer manufacturers are flexing their muscles by moving into truck body production, having finally figured that they must do so to counteract a mature trailer segment with participation in “Last Mile” vehicles.
The vocational/straight truck segment accounts for a quarter to a third of the total Class 8 category in North America, and in recent years has performed better than the tractor segment. All 410 companies included in this report manufacture bodies suitable for mounting on Class 8 heavy-duty straight/vocational truck chassis. They may also make bodies mounted on lower GVWR chassis, or in trailer-mounted or self-propelled configurations, but only the production of Class 8-suitable bodies are included in this study.
SpecialtyResearch.net has pioneered independent study of various body fabrication areas, long neglected for analysis in understanding the final vocational truck. This report provides a vista view of the heavy-duty Class 8 segment of the industry, from the standpoint of where the truck chassis is applied in the delivery chain from truck manufacturer to body fabricator to final customer.
Class 8 Vocational Truck/Body Application Segments Analyzed
- Aerial Reach Truck/Bodies
- Concrete Mixer & Pump Truck/Bodies – Front & Rear Discharge Mixers, Pump Trucks, Volumetric Mixers
- Conveyor Delivery Truck/Bodies, including Stone Slingers & Seed/Fertilizer Tenders
- Drilling Equipment – Digger Derricks & Drill Rigs
- Dump Truck/Bodies, including Chipper & Grain Bodies
- Fire Truck/Bodies – Aerial Ladder & Platforms, Pumpers, Rescue, Tankers
- Flatbed Truck/Bodies
- Grapple Loader Truck/Bodies
- Hoist & Carrier Truck/Bodies
- Lube Truck/Bodies
- Oilfield Truck/Bodies
- Refuse Truck/Bodies – Rear, Front & Side Loaders
- Road Construction & Maintenance Truck/Bodies – Asphalt Distributors & Patchers
- Tank Truck/Bodies – Bulk Feed, Aviation Refuelers, LPG Bobtails, Refined Fuel & Water Tanks
- Telescopic Boom Truck Cranes
- Tow & Carrier Truck/Bodies
- Vacuum Tank Truck/Bodies – Hydro Excavators, Industrial Vacuum Loaders, Sewer Cleaners, Coded & Septic/Non-Coded Vacuum Tanks
This project is a “bottoms up” approach based on examining virtually all industry participants in North America and aggregating their sales and unit production into an industry-wide picture. Research methods include not only all available public domain resources, but also significant primary interview content with industry participants at trade conventions and through telephone contact. This is an extensive project requiring expert analysis into this industry and its dynamics. STN’s long-time background in corporate business development and specific vertical industry experience in trucks/transportation provide the knowledge and expertise for this extensive project, which is not available elsewhere as a comprehensive market research project on the subject of Class 8 vocational trucks.
In addition to the full report, other sections are available separately. Click on the link(s) below for information on these sections.
Unsolicited comments from clients who have purchased this report:
Thank you so much for your support and work so far. We like the [Class 8 heavy duty] report quite a lot.
— Vocational Segment Leader, engine manufacturer
Folks here are using the Class 8 Heavy-Duty Vocational Truck/Body Manufacturing in North America quite extensively and we are very pleased with the product.
— Forecast Analyst, major component manufacturer
For information on medium and medium heavy (Class 4 – 7) vocational truck/body manufacturing in North America, click here.
Standard Table of Contents for Each Segment:
|3||Market Size Estimates: Units & Dollars 2017|
|4||Market Shares: Competitive Analysis in Units & Dollars|
|4.1 Manufacturers by Type|
|4.2 Manufacturers’ Product Mix|
|4.3 Market Shares: All Products|
|5||Market Shares by Type|
|6.1 Average Price|
|6.2 Distribution Channels|
|7||Market Dynamics & Demand Factors|
|8||Outlook – 2018 – 2022|
|9||Production by Region|
|10||Key Manufacturer Data|
We will be pleased to send sample pages upon request.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER ONLINE
- Check the credit limit on credit cards that are company-issued or issued by non-U.S. banks.
- Discount code: if using, please ensure it has not expired.
- Link to download report expires after 72 hours. Please contact us if you need to renew the link.
- If the report is being purchased at the discounted pre-published promotion stage, the download link will be an acknowledgement specifying later delivery of the report, when released.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be from “Ivy Management LLC.”
- We accept Purchase Orders from known brand-name companies. P.O.s can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you place your order by phone, download links will be emailed to your attention.
- You acknowledge our Terms of Sale.
- Contact for Additional Info
Downloadable PDF link to the report will appear on the receipt and in your e-mail.
If this is a pre-publication purchase, the downloadable link will be an acknowledgement for future delivery. The report will be delivered when published.
If you have a discount code, please enter at check-out