- Method-wise, a SRN report is a product of both primary and secondary research. Primary sources include management interviews of company personnel conducted in-person at trade shows, on the telephone, and through email surveys. Respondents include manufacturers, dealers/distributors, and end users.
- Secondary sources include SRN’s proprietary research, multiple databases and deep internet mining, covering news items and publications at the local city/county level, trade publications, job postings, social media postings, and government-body published lists of employers by city/state.
- Private company information on small enterprises is rarely available in the public domain. Accordingly, in addition to primary interview solicitations, SRN applies an algorithm-based combination of sales, employee numbers, growth rates and median pricing. Adjustments are then made from a “sense and feel” for what the unit and dollar sales ought to be on the basis of product mix, per employee contributions and peer group comparisons, amongst other key parameters.
- Manufacturer shipments are estimated using a bottoms-up approach. Shipments by manufacturer are calculated based on estimated revenue by manufacturer and the company’s product mix. Average prices are based on available price quotes.
- Size estimates refer to manufacturer shipments for sale in the United States and Canada as well as in international markets. Market size includes imports for sale into the North America market. Shipments’ share is not always synonymous with “market share.”
- Estimates and forecasts are correlated with macroeconomic data including housing starts and construction spending, municipal waste generation, vehicle and chassis sales, freight movement, oil and gas drilling activity, oil prices and GDP.
- Historical numbers are estimates based on prior work on the segment, supplemented by data and feedback from primary interviews.
- Information on product mix details, product configurations, models offered and specifications are current at the time of going to print, and may change or have changed subsequently.
- All sales are in millions of dollars, unless stated otherwise. Some financial data includes the effect of rounding, and may vary from the sum of individual items due to rounding.
Keeping in view the above, in the event plausible changes are required, arising out of corrections, cross-verifications, or any other changes on content, additions or deletions, SRN will respond accordingly. However, market research estimation is an inexact science and SRN is not responsible or accountable for any omissions, errors or shortcomings in its research studies, and for any related consequences arising therefrom.